Saturday, August 18, 2012

He Ever Lives to Make Intercession for Us

Pictures taken at Ormond-By-The-Sea, Florida--courtesy of Eva Marie Everson.
          I was praying for my children, pouring out my heart in prayer.  I was asking God to help them be all they are meant to be in Christ Jesus.  Asking Him to keep them safe.  Praying for them to be all He created them to be before the foundation of the world.  Praying that He would give them that day His love, power, sound mind, peace, and that their faith in Him would grow.  After praying for them in general, I prayed for each one by name.  And suddenly, I thought "What does He pray for me?" 

         Jesus prayed for us on earth.  He prayed for Peter.

 

"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:  But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not, " Luke 22: 31,32a.

          He prayed for all who believe on Him.  I love to read Jesus' words in John 17. This is a wonderful chapter that reveals the heart of Jesus for His Church.

"I pray for them:  I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me,  for they are thine," John 17:9.

          And we know that Jesus lives and that he is seated "at the right hand of God" (Romans 8:34), where He ever lives to make "intercession" for us.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them," Hebrews 7:25.

Of course, Jesus prays for me.  He prays for you.  What an amazing thought.  



All praise to you Lord Jesus Christ.  I pray His blessings will be with you today.
                  

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome thought, to realize that the LORD prays for us!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that thought, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that's good. I'm happy for you. Relax and enjoy reading it today. All prayers for us writers welcomed. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder. It's amazing what slips my mind as I bury myself in writing and other activities. I'll be meditating on this.

    Blessings,

    Tom Blubaugh, Author
    Night of the Cossack
    http://tomblubaugh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder--what an awesome God we have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Rose,

    This is just the greatest news for me today - I often feel exactly as you did, now I know that Jesus praysor me...it just never dawned on me to think this. Now I have the Scriptures to memorize for this week.

    Luke 22:31

    John 17:9

    I'm going to send your post off to Jean-Marc and Kristi and a few others tonight. Thanks again Rose for this beautiful post.

    XOXO

    JULES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, I knew there was someone special who needed to read this today, because the Lord wouldn't let me put anything else up this morning. I had something else written, but I felt strongly that I had to save it until a later date, because today, this one had to go up. I'm happy it's been a blessing to you. Jesus prays for you dear Jules. He cares for us as much as we care for those we love. XOXO Jesus' words in Luke 22:31 and John 17 might be my favorite in the whole bible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this! I agree with Darlene about the humbling notion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell you how this devo touched me...to think "Jesus prays for us...for me"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete