Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rest In His Peace--Don't Stress Over It


Beautiful Tiffany window in the Mary Willis Library founded 1888 in Washington, Georgia--First free library in the state.
 
One morning this week during my devotional time, I was journaling as I talked to the Lord.  So many thoughts were stirring in my mind; there were many things I was trying to plan and figure out for the day.

I picked up my pen and wrote these words--"Rest in His peace--don't stress over it."  Then, I picked up my Bible and opened it to Psalms where I often go to seek His peace.  Usually I start my Scripture reading with the 23rd Psalm, but that day I started reading Psalm 116.  I was not particularly familiar with it, but it seemed perfect for the time because it was all about His mercy.  When I read verse seven, I felt like He was right there with me. 

"Return unto thy rest, O my soul:  for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee," Psalm 116:7.

That was what I needed to hear from God.  So, I looked up other verses referenced there.

"Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. . . ." Jeremiah 6:16

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:  and ye shall find rest unto your souls."  Matthew 11:29

Thank you Lord.  I so need rest for my soul.  I will find my rest in YOU.

May you all find rest for your souls today as you turn to Him with all of your cares. 



2 comments:

  1. My school year has started off much busier than usual since I am now a high school counselor. It seems like we might never get our heads above water enough to start a normal daily routine. I think I have done a good job of not stressing about it but I sure could use some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose, for sure we all need rest for our souls. Thanks for reminding us it is there in the Lord if we will seek him.

    ReplyDelete