Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cries of the Heart and Renewal of Our Minds

Grandson Nathan's kindergarten graduation~2012
 
Do not be conformed to this world, but continuously be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God's will is—what is proper, pleasing, and perfect. Romans 12:2
 
I was thinking how much I need continual renewal.  God’s mercies new every morning are a wonderful gift.  Each new day an opportunity to live for His glory.  Each morning full of promise and hope.  But I need His constant renewal.  I need that constant transforming of my heart and mind to know Him. 
My daily prayer should be...
Transform my heart to know Your love and compassion
Transform my mind to understand the Great I Am and my relation to You and what that means to how I am to relate to this world ~ to my family, my neighbor, and every one that comes into my realm of life.
My pastor once asked us, “Can you really love God without loving your neighbor?”
Indeed, Jesus Christ is our model.  I want to see as He sees.  But that’s only possible by the transformational power of God working in me, or else I am spiritually blind and deaf and numb to the cries of humanity.
For over twenty years, I've worked with thousands of children as a teacher.  By His grace my eyes were opened to the invisible ones, and my heart has reached out to them...seeing many grow and blossom in the light of His love.  I’ll share a simple poem I wrote years ago.
Invisible child, with your eyes cast down,
Did I hear you say look in my eyes?
I look in your eyes, and a speechless voice is asking,
“Do you see me?”
I look in your eyes.
I hear them patiently asking,
“Be with me long enough to understand
What it is that I cannot say;
Long enough to believe I mean it.”
I look in your eyes and what do I see?
A heart hoping for love,
A soul searching for salvation,
A hand reaching for another’s hand to hold,
Eyes trying to understand the voiceless cry of my heart.
I’ve looked in your eyes and what did I see,
Someone just like me. 
For it is God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6
 
Birdie playing in the rain
~photo courtesy of Julie Lyda
 
Thank you for bearing with my rambling thoughts.  I am glad you took time out of your day to visit Write Moments with God. Please consider leaving a comment below.  I appreciate everything you share.  May the light of Christ shine on you and through you today and always.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



7 comments:

  1. As always, a thoughtful post. The way we're renewed in our hearts and minds is by leaning more and more what God thinks. The only way to do that is to familiarize ourselves with His Word. It is amazing how the Bible gets more and more interesting all the time--and how we'll never plumb its depths. A friend told me she was thinking differently after getting into the Word. That's what renewal is! :o)

    Loved your analogy about children. I think that's exactly how God sees us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about how the Bible gets more and more interesting and meaningful as we continue our journey. I do use that analogy with children often but I agree that it might be just how God sees us. Thank you Lou Ann.

      Delete
  2. I love your poem, Rose! It sounds like so many kids I have met in my 18 years as a school counselor!

    Love Ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted you to read the poem Amy. I knew you would understand. Thanks. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post Rose, it hit home with me. The looks you have seen in the eyes of children,
    is the same look I see in the elderly. Please pray for them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Patsy. I'd like to know more about your work with the elderly. God bless you. Prayers right now. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete