Monday, October 21, 2013

One Body to Glorify God ~ His Church, His Bride

 
Windsor Castle ~ photo courtesy of Jeanne Henriques Collage of Life

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.  Romans 12:5 (KJV)
 

            I attended a Christian writers’ conference.  Every morning we began the day with prayer, songs of praise, and a faith-filled message.  In the evening, we ended in a similar manner.  We enjoyed this peaceable community all week.  Such was the fellowship and atmosphere of love that some attendees said it was “better than church”.  I think I laughed when I heard that statement, but that's not really anything to laugh about.

            I was struck by the fact that no one asked, “What church do you go to?”-- like they do in my town with a church on practically every corner.  At the conference, no one represented any particular church or denomination.  We were all just Christians who want to glorify God through our writing.  We wanted to draw others to the light of Jesus Christ.

            The things that we held in common were much more important than the differences that normally separate us in our churches.  We were brothers and sisters in the body of Christ, and as that we are members of His body, and that is Christ’s true church. 
 
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.  Ephesians 4:4-6 (KJV)
 

My daughter Katie is the blond next to her best friend Becky, the bride.
 
I wanted to use this wedding picture because I often think about the glorious Wedding Feast of the Lamb.  There will be joy when Christ meets His Bride.

Thank you so much for visiting Write Moments with God.  It really means a lot to me.  You are welcome to share your thoughts below.  I hope you have a wonderful day. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Rose, I so agree. I sometimes hear comments from believers who aren't quite "there yet"--okay that probably describes all of us--but I hear people say things that are divisive. I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people when they get to heaven and see who is there! In the meantime, I love those "heaven on earth" moments when it is all about worshiping God together. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca. Me too...love those heaven on earth moments when it's all about worshiping God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love that this path led you to THE wedding. Such JOY!
    I've only recently realized that the Prodigal son's Father was just waiting for an appropriate excuse to party! And this is Jesus' portrait of our Heavenly Papa.... And what and where was Jesus' first miracle!

    While He weeps over sin and our entanglement, it is because He so passionately desires something so much better for us.
    That in His Presence is Fullness of JOY - Joy unspeakable and Full of Glory - Oh Thank You Jesus that for the JOY set before you, you endured the cross for us - that your Joy is so infectious as we spend time with YOU!

    Please forgive me Rose for somewhat hijacking your post here - I thoroughly agree with Rebecca that we will be very surprised at some of those we also find at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jim. I appreciate your sharing this. Yes, such JOY we've never known. Feel free to hijack my posts any time. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Rose, that the times our relationship with each other and with Jesus is bigger than the differences--those times are so sweet. Enjoyed your post. Blessing, Carol A. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carol. I'm glad you visited. Blessings to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose,
    I love this post! I so agree!!! Love the photos and your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate that. Yes, my daughter Katie is a beautiful girl inside and out. And Becky has been her best friend since 3rd grade. Blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete