Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Ordinary Business of Life

This lovely BLUEBIRD is courtesy of my talented friend, Eileen DeCamp.



And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

It’s been some time since I wrote for this blog.  What I thought would be a brief hiatus turned into several months.  I didn’t expect the long absence.  However, all this time I’ve been busy about the ordinary business of life, doing the duties that lie nearest.

I’ve asked the Lord a couple of times over these last few months, why I’m not writing as I intended.  No answer came, but still I had peace about it because I am certain that God engineers my circumstances.  I abide in Him, in family matters, in health matters, business matters, in spiritual matters, and His grace abounds. I do my best to cooperate, so to speak, with God.

But, I intended to write regularly for this blog.  The thought comes that maybe that’s not what God intended. At least, not just now, or in that manner.  Isn’t it possible that God intended for me to be doing exactly what I’ve been doing?  He said, “Follow me”; He said, “Feed my sheep”.  I’ve been ministering to needs in ways other than writing.

The thing is, we are apt to tie ourselves up, and God as well, by our own expectations and intentions.  I think sometimes when God upsets or overrides our plans, it is because we are in danger of making our programs an idol, some ego-centric self-fulfilling plan, that’s maybe a bit out of alignment with harmony in Him. When all the while He simply wants us to follow Him, wash some feet (see John 13:5), and serve Him through the duties that come to us in the ordinary moments of life.

There’s no need to sulk or be impatient about it.  I chose to remember the calming assurance that all things work together for good for those who love God.  After all, my fondest desire is, to be the called according to his purposes.

One of my sweetest distractions, my granddaughter Evie.

Thank you so much for visiting the blog today.  I appreciate you.  January 4th I began a new job as adjunct English instructor at a community college.  It's given me more time to pursue my projects, so I hope to write more regularly again for Write Moments with God.  I welcome your comments.

'Til next time.  May God bless you, encourage you, and keep you safe in your daily walk with Him. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,
    Thanks so much for writing! I am so glad that you are back writing but you are right to follow your heart and what God is guiding you to do. Sometimes I think that I am following my own agenda and not paying attention to my heart and what God is telling me or encouraging me to do.
    Blessings to you! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, you are always so encouraging, and I love the work you do with Meals on Wheels. You bless us all with your beautiful photography and encouraging words. Thanks for sharing your love and your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I stumbled upon your blog by typing in the search area "Moments with God" on Bloglovin'. Thank you for writing this post. You have no idea how timely and meaningful it was. Big wedding weekend festivities begin this afternoon as we decorate for the rehearsal dinner. I am a writer too and need to blog, but your post has set me straight and given me complete assurance and permission that all is well and good and to just enjoy and be in the moments of this weekend. Thank you so much for writing. I look forward to your future posts, as permits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm glad this spoke to your heart, words of life right into your situation. That's exciting to me. So, today I'm back to write again for the blog, and hope it touches lives for His good.

    ReplyDelete