Monday, September 9, 2013

Have You Ever Heard of the Street Called 'Straight'?

Waze icon courtesy of Google images

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it’. Isaiah 30:21 (NIV) 

I have a new friend.  She always has a smiley face. She causes me to sing… “I can go anywhere . . . .”  Her name is Waze.  Maybe you’ve met?  She’s the  navigation system on my iPhone. (And I never yell at her the way my friend Janie yells at hers.)

I just want to say. . . I have so much more confidence now when I travel unknown routes.  I don’t even mind traveling alone because Waze promises I’m “never alone on the road anymore”.   Waze gives me confidence because I trust her guidance.  We're so blessed with these savvy gadgets.

Hello! God has always been into “guidance”.  And He never leaves His children  alone.  It's good to remind ourselves of this.  God is a marvelous God!

Abraham and Moses were guided by God to new lands; Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness; Ananias was directed to go into Damascus to the very street called “Straight” to find Saul.  (I just love that story.)

The Lord said, "Go over to Straight Street, to the house of Judas.  When you get there, ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul.  He is praying to me right now.  Acts 9:11 (N LT)

Awesome.  And He even knew that Saul was praying! 
If we seek Him, God will guide us too.  We can have faith that He knows the way that we should take, and He wants to lead us. 

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.  John 14:6 (NLT)

Yes, Satan will try to get us lost on some side streets.  And sometimes something flashy (worldly) will catch our eye and cause us to change course.   It’s often necessary to turn around and get back on the right path.

If we’ll listen to the still small voice of conscience, the Holy Spirit within, or the faithful guidance of Christian friends, and follow God’s Holy Word, we can stay on the right way.

If we’d let God have control, we’ll arrive safely at our destinations time and time again.

There’s no need to worry.  God knows the beginning to the end.  He knows the way.
 
Photo courtesy of Jeanne Henriques ~ Collage of Life

Thank you all for visiting Write Moments with God, and thank you for bearing with my little tongue in cheek.  We have a marvelous God—He thought of everything we’d ever need ages ago.  I pray you’ll allow Him to direct your steps today.

And now to announce the winner of  Tracy Krauss' Wind over Marshdale!

Congratulations to Deborah Heal.  You'll be receiving your own personal copy. Enjoy!

Thanks to all of you who visited and participated.  Tracy and I really appreciate your kind words.  And don't forget the first Monday of every month, I feature a guest author and we give away a book.  Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. What I love, though, is that God guides us and tells us what to do, but he often does not tell us precisely where or how. He wants our faith and obedience to grow. So we always know we'll get to the best place possible, but we may have to trust that we won't see where the gps is leading us until we get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. How very true Jill. Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate this. May God direct your ways today and always.

    ReplyDelete