Wednesday, February 24, 2021

TREASURE in CLAY VESSELS

Photo by gerti gjuzi on Unsplash

Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8

While visiting the south of France, my French hosts wanted me to see some of the beautiful pottery characteristic of Provence. Well-acquainted with the area, they took me to a potter’s workshop hidden in the hilly countryside. An elderly artisan made ceramic vessels from the clay-rich soil.  Each piece was unique in size, shape, and purpose. All were useful items: a soap dish, a jar, a bowl. Eventually, each would be glazed in rich solid colors. My favorites were the bright blue ones. I came away with some little treasures.

    The potter at work reminded me of the Scriptures that refer to God as the potter and us as the clay. He molds and makes each of us into the vessel He so desires. 
 
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7
 
    Paul compared our lives to clay pots commonly used in his day. When Christ dwells in our heart, the fullness of Christ is available to us through the power of the Holy Spirit. Everything available to Christ dwells within us. The Holy Spirit residing within is the treasure of infinite value. (See Ephesians 3:19-21) We become the vessels useful to God when we submit our lives to Him.
 
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 CSB
 
    Knowing God created me on purpose for a purpose inspires me to face each day with hope and confidence that he who began a good work inmewill carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.(Philippians 1:6 NIV)

 

 

My garlic dish: a little momento. 

 

 I appreciate all of you who visit Write Moments with God. I hope your day is blessed. Feel free to leave your comments below and/or share this blog with your friends.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment