Monday, December 10, 2012

God's Gift of Love and the announcement of this month's book winner

Cinnabon recipe can be found on The Girl Who Ate Everything
This morning I don't have an earthy story to share as I usually do about a God moment in my life. I hope you'll excuse me. I've been contemplating God's love, and I want to spend time in that.  If only I could, I'd serve it up to you this morning warm and sweet like a freshly baked cinnamon roll.

During this Advent season, we contemplate God's love to prepare our hearts for the celebration of the birth of God's son Jesus.  God's greatest gift of love.  To think that God would send the Christ child to earth is astounding.  I've tried to wrap my mind around that love, like we wrap up a newborn baby in warm thick blankets. 

Some years ago during a time when God was wrapping me in His love, its transforming and transcending power, I wrote a poem.  I'll share it with you today,  even though words cannot express it.

Love is the link
The binding force
Transcending the physical
Even life and death
Binding man to man
And God to man
Elevating man to the highest and noblest of human experiences
Nourishing the soul
Extending beyond the flesh and this world
Allowing man but a glimpse
Of the glory which shall be revealed
"For God is love" (1 John 4:8b).

Our finite human minds cannot comprehend it, and mere words cannot express it.  God has to reveal it to our souls. 

The Apostle Paul prayed for all who believe in Christ Jesus.  He prayed that God would reveal to us the greatness of God's love.

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:17-19).

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

                                                             Photo courtesy of Aaron Barton

I join my prayer to Paul's and pray that God will reveal His love for you during this Christmas season.  I pray that will be a marvelous gift you receive this Christmas.

Thank you so much for visiting Write Moments with God.  I enjoy hearing from you, so feel free to leave your comments below or write to me at writemoments@gmail.com.

* * *

And now for the announcement of our book give-away.  Jason Timmerman is the winner of a copy of New Sheets--Thirty Days to Refine You into the Woman You Can Be.  Jason wanted a copy of this book for a special person in his life.  Congratulations Jason. Thank you for being a supporter of this blog.

On behalf of Cindy Sproles and myself, thank you all so very much for your great response to her story.  It was a delight to read your kind comments, words of encouragement, and insights. 

Be sure to come again to meet another Christian author next month and participate in the book give-away.  Blessings to you. 

1 comment: