Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Marvelous Morning Caller ~ Enjoying the Moment

 
Beautiful cardinal gracious provided by Eileen DeCamp~thank you so much Eileen for taking this picture today for me.



This morning a cardinal came to visit.  I was looking out at the backyard from the french doors, watching the sky turn clear blue, listening to the clock ticking behind me and the birds chirping out back.  Something fell from the sky, and it was he. 

He hopped on the patio and then onto the welcome mat which he thoroughly inspected, pecking for tiny treats amongst the turf. He lingered longer than I expected as I stood very still watching.  He hop, hop, hopped over into the grass continuing his search for daily bread.  And I smiled standing there quiet sipping my hot coffee. 

Next he fluttered up into the cherry tree with its branch tips budding.  I thought to myself as I watched him bounce ever so gently, that I need to notice that tree daily now.  By Easter it will be reborn in cherry pink bloom. 

Then my morning caller continued on his way lighting in the edge of the irises and lilies.  I could still see the vibrant red of his head contrasted with the black around his beak.  And I thanked God that He had used the little cardinal to captivate my attention and focus it on the marvelous morning.  The cardinal, so alive.  God's handiwork.  His mercies new every morning.  And for those moments I was totally at peace and amazed by God.
 
This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:23-24. (KJV)
 
My Royal Copley planter ~ picture taken summer 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment