Thursday, August 15, 2013

Be of Good Courage: He Will Strengthen Your Heart

My grandson Gabriel

I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and

heard my cry.  Psalm 40:1

A friend asked for prayer for her elderly father, who had undergone exploratory surgery.  She was awaiting the diagnosis.  My heart goes out to her.  I know it is hard to wait, especially under those circumstances.  But waiting is part and parcel with living. 

Wait on the cake to bake, and the soup to cool; wait on the paint to dry and the crops to grow.  Wait on a diagnosis.   Wait on the baby to be born.  We’re all in God’s waiting room.  We trust we will see His goodness because we trust in God's love and infinite wisdom.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Psalm 27: 13 (KJV)

Our human frailty gets the best of us too often, and we wait impatiently, worrying over the outcome, with doubts and fears, practically having a tug of war of wills with God.  His timing seldom matches up with our own.   His ways are not our ways.  But we know it’s a waste of time and strength to run ahead of God or try to force His hand.  In our heart of hearts, we desire His will for our lives.

Don’t lose heart or hope.  Be encouraged.  Submit to God’s will and His perfect timing.  Paul told believers “having done all stand”.  (See Ephesians 6:13)  God’s promises are true and we can trust in His perfect love. 

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the

LORD. Psalm 27: 14 (KJV)
 
 Baby Gabriel this July at the beach
 
Thank you so much for visiting Write Moments with God today.  Whatever you are waiting on today, I pray that His grace and peace will be with you.   
 You are welcome to leave your comments below.  I always love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rose. I needed this post today! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God. Maybe God had me share it just for you. :-) Saying a prayer for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled on your blog post right when I needed to hear it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete