Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rain or Shine Live Life to the Fullest

Charming chirp-er courtesy of Eileen DeCamp

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20 (KJV)

The sun is shining.  Birds chirp outside my window.  If I didn't know better, I’d say spring has arrived.  The pleasant weather forecast makes me smile.  I’m grateful to God for the gorgeous weather.  When it’s sunny and warm, my mood usually is too. 

There’s no doubt, the weather impacts our moods.  I’ve read somewhere that women are even more susceptible to weather conditions than men, who more easily change their plans. (Readers, be sure to correct me if I’m wrong.) However, I am aware the weather can change at the drop of a hat.  Just as our “situations” can change on a dime.  Bad news can come unexpectedly.

As I enjoy this day, I want to thank God for all that He means to me, and all that He’s done that I might live abundantly as His child.  The simple pleasures, like a sunny day, a good night’s sleep, a hot cup of coffee, His peace--things I often take for granted--I want to be grateful to God for all that, all the time, and thank Him throughout the day for all His blessings, not the least of which is my access to His throne of grace, purchased for me by His son, Jesus Christ.

So, come rain or shine, sickness or health, no matter the time or circumstance, I will appreciate Him and who I am in Christ Jesus and enjoy His many benefits.

Today, it’s sunshine.  My cup is full.  Later today when I hug one of my children, my cup will overflow.  Gratitude fills my heart.  I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but I know God will be with me.  His goodness and mercy shall follow me.   I thank God for that assurance.  (See Psalm 23)

 Stained glass window in the Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Richmond, Virginia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose! Thanks for this post today! I love Psalm 100 too!

    ReplyDelete