Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday America! Let's Celebrate Our Liberty!

The Flag always flies in front of our house.

       Today is the Fourth of July.  Independent Day.  Happy Birthday America!

        I am proud to be an American.  I am grateful to God who by His grace made me a citizen of this great country.  My father and his brothers served our country in the military; my twin sons, Justin and Jonathan, serve our country in the Army; Cory, my daughter-in-law, serves in the Air National Guard.  Need I say more about how very proud and patriotic I am.

        I am blessed to be an American.  But spiritually it makes no difference where I am a citizen, which zip code, which piece of earth.  God is God of the whole world.  Our liberty as believers is all about Jesus Christ and the victory He won on the cross.

        Jesus said, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed," John 8:36.

        Paul preached the message of the good news of Jesus Christ.

"Now the Lord is that Spirit:  and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty," 2 Corinthians 3:17.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage," Galatians 5:1.

        If we cooperate with Him, Jesus Christ can free us from any entanglement.  When Christ is our Master, the load need not be heavy, because He has already carried it all to the cross.

        So today, besides the liberty I have as an American, I want to celebrate the glorious liberty that is mine as a child of God.  With my focus on Him, I am free to be all He created me to be in Christ Jesus.  Free to be who He intended me to be from the foundation of the world.

Jonathan and Justin Chandler --  I love my boys.

Cory and Jonathan Chandler -- I am so blessed.

Let's rejoice in the freedom that is ours today as we celebrate this country and all those who make it great.













3 comments:

  1. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ROSE,

    THANK YOU FOR SHARING SOME OF MY FAVORITE SCRIPTURE.

    XOXO

    JULES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Happy 4th of July to you too Jules. I understand why you would appreciate this one. :-) Blessings to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Another wonderful post, Rose. How blessed we are to be free to practice our faith. We need to be ever in prayer for those who suffer for the cause of Christ.

    ReplyDelete