|http://www.quebecmusts.com/road_trip_st_simeon.php-June 2011--I took this picture.|
Why should we be cast down if our hope is in God? Hope is a vital characteristic of our relationship with God. In Hebrews, we read about the hope we have as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul. This is a powerful image of hope holding fast and stabilizing the soul, keeping the believer grounded in the person of Jesus Christ. Hope anchors the believer to God who is the bedrock of our lives.
We are saved by hope (Romans 8:24). We must keep our hope alive. Life has a way of tossing us to and fro. We need that anchor of hope to hold us secure and grounded .
How can we keep our hope strong?
- God's Word provides enlightenment, edification, and comfort which increases our hope.
- The life of Jesus Christ, his death, and resurrection is our "blessed hope", since He is the firstborn, and the forerunner for those of us who believe.
- Christ's resurrection alone is reason enough to rejoice in hope.
- Prayer strengthens our relationship with the Father and Son and nurtures our hope.
- Scripture tells us to be ready to give a reason for the hope that is within us.
- Fellowship with other believers and their testimonies enliven our hope.
I thank God for the blessed hope we have in Jesus Christ.
|Courtesy of Melanie Giovino--New Zealand, May 2011. Those are little boats in the bay.|